Grants and Scholorships for Moms from Obama’s Federal Program – Find out if You Qualify
One of the hottest topics on Capitol Hill right now is education. The reason for that is the Obama administration wants more people in college because they can contribute more to the economy and all of their families will also benefit as well.
The biggest group that is targeted is single mothers. Many times moms are not included in federal programs. Another reason is that they often believe that they just can’t afford more education. Because President Obama understands this predicament, he has seen to it that the Pell Grant was increased to over ,000.00. In fact, he believes it so much that this was accomplished within the frist several weeks of him taking office.
A lot of times, students want no part of a loan. These must be paid back and some students fear that once they graduate, they will be burdened with this expense as well as all of the other costs of living. There are, however, a number of different ways that do not include loans to finance your education.
1. Pell Grants are given on a needs-base. These are specially designed for those with a low-income. If you are a single mom, you are likely to fall into this category and can receive up to ,350.00.
2. If you are studying in the fields of Math or Science or a something related to those, then you may try for the National SMART Grant. This is sponsored by the National Science & Mathematics Association and is open to those in their third and fourth years of study.
3. TEACH (Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education) Grants can provide up to ,000.00 per year is you are planning to become an educator. It doesn’t matter if you want to teach elementary or secondary school, you may qualify for this grant.
4. If you are in the lowest income category, then you may qualify for a FSEOG (Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant) which can add an additional 0.00 to ,000.00 per year to help you through school.
5. If you graduated from your high school after 2005, you may also receive funds from the Academic Competitiveness Grant. This will provide 0.00 during your first year of study and another ,300.00 for your second year.
Start by applying for these five programs. There are a host of other opportunities for you as well. You don’t have to wait any longer to pursue your dreams thanks to this new administration’s efforts.
Did you know you can get a ,000 scholarship for Moms just for registering? Apply right now for free: Scholarships for Moms
Article from articlesbase.com